Commercial Property Utility Management
Utility and energy costs are one of the largest expenses for commercial properties and the ability to control these costs is critical to increasing net operating income. American Utility Management is the premier energy services and utility management company providing a complete solution for commercial properties. We'll help you reduce energy usage and expense, save time and resources, and get the tools you need to manage utilities more effectively. We can design a solution for your business that offers:
- Invoice Processing
- Tenant Billing
- Energy Procurement for you and your tenants
- Energy Conservation Projects including lighting and water fixture retrofits
- Energy and Water Benchmarking
- Advanced Analytics and Reporting
Save your accounting staff time and save your company money.
With AUM’s Invoice Processing solution, your utility invoices come directly to us. We can process and pay invoices for you. We capture line item details and use an extensive validation process to ensure accuracy. You’ll get predictable cash flow through timely payables and you’ll see reduced late fees and disconnects.
As your Invoice Processing partner, we provide:
- Comprehensive data validation
- Automated missing invoice process
- Flexible invoice funding and payment options
- Reduced late fees and disconnects
- Variance research and resolution
- Customized accrual and financial reporting
Our Tenant Billing solution will help you maximize recovery of utility expenses including vacant unit costs. We'll customize a program that integrates seamlessly with your operation and saves you hours of billing and collections work. We provide:
- Multiple billing methods to allocate utility charges
- Monthly billing statements to your tenants via eStatements or mail
- Convergent billing for utilities, rent, trash and other charges
- Sub-meter installation and maintenance
- Tenant Payment Portal
AUM’s Energy Procurement services offer you and your tenants a way to reduce energy and usage expense. We offer you competitively priced energy rates in deregulated markets – rates that were once available only to large commercial property owners. Giving buying power to your tenants will give you a competitive edge in the market place.
As you energy partner, AUM will:
- Analyze existing energy contracts and invoices
- Soliciting price quotes from multiple electric and natural gas suppliers and provide recommendations
- Review and negotiate commodity supply contract terms
- Manage the transition to your new supplier and the implementation of new rates
- Monitor the markets and recommend extensions or amendments to existing contracts
Water and Energy Conservation Projects
AUM will identify electric, gas and water savings opportunities for your properties and provide you with an end-to-end, turnkey solution to save you money quickly. We’ll develop project proposals, manage project implementation and measure actual usage savings post-completion.
As your conservation partner, AUM will:
- Analyze historical energy and water usage data to identify properties with the greatest conservation opportunities
- Conduct on-site audits to verify equipment and cost savings
- Develop project proposals including costs, savings and ROIs
- Manage all aspects of retrofit and replacement project implementation
- Manage all rebates and warranties
- Provide post-installation usage reporting showing actual usage savings and ROI vs. projections
Energy and Water Benchmarking
Benchmarking is the process of comparing a property’s energy performance to that of similar properties. AUM offers a variety of energy and water benchmarking services to help you assess where you have opportunities to improve efficiency. AUM’s Energy Experts will then work with you and your properties to help you achieve those efficiency gains, thereby improving your benchmarking scores.
- AUM SCORE - SCORE Benchmarking is the result of a year-long energy efficiency study created and commissioned by AUM in conjunction with Georgia Tech University. It allows you to compare a property’s energy and water efficiency to other similar properties in your portfolio as well as others within a given region.
- ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager - Portfolio Manager is an online tool created by the EPA for compliance reporting on energy and water performance. AUM will gather, validate and upload the energy and water usage data necessary to ensure compliance with all filing requirements and city ordinances.
- GRESB – The Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark is the leader in standardized measurement of sustainability success. AUM will oversee report writing, coordinate client responses, conduct pre-file assessments, gather and upload all data and associated documents, and submit your annual GRESB report.
- CBECS – The Commercial Buildings Energy Consumption Survey collects characteristics of commercial buildings in two phases. The first being a building survey and the second being an Energy Supplier Survey. AUM will help file all of the necessary survey information on your behalf.
Advanced Analytics and Reporting
Get the tools you need to manage your utilities more effectively
Our Advanced Analytics platform is the industry’s leading business intelligence tool -- turning data into actionable information.
Performance Dashboard: Provides 11 utility KPIs in
screen such as total cost recovery, vacant unit recovery, total expenses and late fee percentage. See something that doesn’t look right?
Click on it to dig into the details.
Energy Dashboard: Displays usage and cost trends for water, electric,
gas and sewer so you can quickly identify outliers. You'll also get
weather data to help you understand usage patterns. Click on any data
point to see the underlying details.
Custom Reporting Engine: Gives you choice and control to find the
information you need, grouped any way you want. With over 20 metrics to select from, you can find answers to any cost or usage question.
Management Reports: We provide you with over 50 management
reports to choose from. If you don’t see a report that you want, just let us know. We’ll provide the information you need.